Construction / Manufacturing
Des Moines, IA
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Support the PDM Objectives of being Low Cost Producer and High Quality Provider.
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Support development & execution of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the most efficient use of labor and materials on the line
- Assist Foreman in identification of variance to daily plan
- Support cross-training of employees
- Support communication, including start-of-day meetings, to understand expectations and provide feedback
- Communicate with crew and Forman
- Understand & accomplish daily tasks assigned by the Foreman
- Produce & promote Quality at the Source
- Responsible for tools and machinery in your area
- Notify appropriate personnel of issues requiring maintenance work orders to be issued
- Identify, understand, & report safety hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
- Daily 5S compliance
- Review work areas w/Foreman
- Participate in safety program and training
- Understand & abide by company policies relative to safety training
- Focused on approaching zero quality variance
- If quality error occurs, assist in determining the root cause and ensure that root cause is eliminated to prevent recurrence
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Utilize company assets in the most efficient manner
Education Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge and Skills - Experience in the Precast Industry desired but not required
Physical Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. Frequent lifting, bending, kneeling.
Apply here and then call to set up an interview!
515-225-4355 or... Info@worksourcestaff.Com