1st Shift Warehouse
Bondurant, IA 50035 US
Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift
Schedule: Full Time
5:30am to 2pmPay: $18 per hour
Bondurant, IA 50035, USA
This position is responsible for demonstrating safety and operational expertise within a quality and productivity driven environment. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activity (e.g. receiving, stocking, order filling, packaging, shipping,) on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBITLIES include the following and all other duties assigned:
- Unloads trucks using forklift, pallet jack, or by hand
- Visually verifies parts and condition of parts.
- Receives incoming freight via computer system.
- Verifies product and quantity going into stock.
- Puts product in correct location utilizing FIFO.
- Accurately marks overstock and main locations.
- Prioritizes orders to be filled.
- Fills orders verifying product and quantities are correct.
- Routes orders to appropriate shipping or processing area.
- Verifies product to be packaged is correct.
- Packages product in appropriate quantities and containers.
- Labels bags/boxes.
- Verifies product matches order to ship.
- Packages order to prevent damage during shipment.
- Ships order using appropriate shipping lines.
- Loads trucks.
- Corrects and/or reports any inventory inaccuracy or problem resulting in customer dissatisfaction.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Performs cleaning routinely or when asked.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Responsible for maintaining general housekeeping of work area to ensure a safe and organized environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma/GED, and/or equivalent experience is required.
- Material Handling, forklift or previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend documents such as training instructions, shipping tickets, procedure manuals, etc. at a fast pace.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and efficiently.
- Must pass forklift training and maintain forklift certification.
- Requires lifting ability of up to 80 pounds, with frequent lifting of 40-60 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk on a concrete surface 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience with RIF Scanner used to track inventory preferred
- Basic computer knowledge. SAP knowledge a plus