Des Moines, IA 50317
Areas of Accountability:
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Support the PDM Objectives of being Low Cost Producer and High Quality Provider.
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance
Responsibilities and Duties: Production
- Support development & execution of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the most efficient use of labor and materials on the line
- Assist Foreman in identification of variance to daily plan
- Support cross-training of employees
- Support communication, including start-of-day meetings, to understand expectations and provide feedback
- Communicate with crew and Forman
- Understand & accomplish daily tasks assigned by the Foreman
- Produce & promote Quality at the Source
- Responsible for tools and machinery in your area
- Notify appropriate personnel of issues requiring maintenance work orders to be issued
- Identify, understand, & report safety hazards, poor behavior and unsafe actions immediately
- Daily 5S compliance
- Review work areas w/Foreman
- Participate in safety program and training
- Understand & abide by company policies relative to safety training
- Focused on approaching zero quality variance
- If quality error occurs, assist in determining the root cause and ensure that root cause is eliminated to prevent recurrence
Qualifications:Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GEDKnowledge and Skills: Experience in the Precast Industry desired but not requiredPhysical: Applicants must be able to walk and stand on feet for extended period of time, lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs, crawl on hands and knees, climb a ladder and be able to work long hours. This position works outdoors year-round and therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.