Environmental Health and Safety
Mount Pleasant, IA 52641
Our client in Mt. Pleasant Iowa that specializes in fiberglass surface treatments and wind energy is looking for an EHS Specialist.
The Health and Safety, Environmental Specialist will be providing general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work.
- Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Developing Health, Safety, Environmental strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
- Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental processes measuring performance.
- Carrying out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
- Carrying out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date.
- The Health and Safety, Environmental Specialist will be developing & maintaining management systems in compliance with ISO 14001.
- Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions.
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics.
- Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localized improvement plans.
- Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
- Representing and promoting the organization's safety performance to third parties (e.G. Clients and the Health and Safety Executive).
- Supporting the organizational processes and cultures so that Health, Safety, Environmental issues are not a disqualifying function in the pursuit of business opportunities and improvements are driven into all the products and services that the company deliver by every member of the team.
5+ years of EHS work experience in a manufacturing environment
Detailed knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS statutory requirements is essential
Knowledge of Workers Comp administration and claims procedures