Environmental Health and Safety
Mount Pleasant, IA 52641
Our client in Mt. Pleasant Iowa that specializes in fiberglass surface treatments and wind energy is looking for an EHS Specialist.
- The Health and Safety, Environmental Specialist will be providing general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work.
- Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
- Developing Health, Safety, Environmental strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
- Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental processes measuring performance.
- Carrying out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
- Carrying out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date.
- The Health and Safety, Environmental Specialist will be developing & maintaining management systems in compliance with ISO 14001.
- Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions.
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics.
- Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localised improvement plans.
- Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
- Representing and promoting the organisation's safety performance to third parties (e.G. Clients and the Health and Safety Executive).
- Supporting the organisational processes and cultures so that Health, Safety, Environmental issues are not a disqualifying function in the pursuit of business opportunities and improvements are driven into all the products and services that the company deliver by every member of the team.
5+ years of EHS work experience in a manufacturing environment
Detailed knowledge of federal, state, and local EHS statutory requirements is essential
Knowledge of Workers Comp administration and claims procedures