W. Burlington, IA 52655
Manufacturer of steel tubing parts and fittings supplying the agricultural, construction equipment, and automotive OEMs, is looking for candidates to fill a day shift hosecrimper position.
Our client organization offers growth potential, competitive benefits, a clean and climate controlled facility, and a team-oriented work environment. They are growing and need more great employees to join them!
Responsible for fastening fittings to product according to customer specifications. Will use various tools and techniques to conform to standard operating procedures and optimize program for efficient use of equipment and material. Responsible for blue print interpretation and be able to ensure quality product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read work order instruction and performs work as assigned by work order sheet and supervisor.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: Setup and operate assigned machinery, determine proper tooling necessary for machinery with respect to work order
- Determine proper tube and/or fittings needed for product per work order, adhere parts through use of machine and various hand tools.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to specific customer product requests.
- Conduct routine quality checks of finished product per instructions
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Repetitive motion: This position involves heavy grasping, frequent forceful grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Environment considerations: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hot/cold temperatures, vibration, chemical exposure, and noise exposure.
- Equipment used: Includes, but is not limited to screwdriver, hammer, various size wrenches, calipers, tape measures and various pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
- Safety: General Safety. Safety Glasses and steel toe shoes must be worn at all times. Further training will be provided as necessary by the employer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of their job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently be able to lift 0-20 lbs. The employee occasionally must be able to lift 21-50 lbs and rarely over 51 lbs.
This description is not meant to be exhaustive. Other responsibilities/duties as assigned/directed.
WorkSource offers medical, dental, short-term disability insurance, and term-life insurance. All WorkSource employees are paid on a weekly basis. Current employees are also eligible for a referral bonus of $50 per successful new employee- some restrictions apply. Call us to learn more 319-372-1662.