Industrial Sewing Machine Op
Kansas City, MO 64117
- Adjusts and sets up various industrial sewing machines, such as double needle and single needle sewing machines, three-thread sergers, double needle chain stitch machines, and off-arm sewing machines.
- Completes detailed work instructions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to do simple math with fractions and decimals; add, subtract, multiply, divide.
- Quality check work and document measurements.
- Learn routine care and minor troubleshooting of the assigned machines.
- Preform preventative maintenance on sewing machines.
- Inform the supervisor or the maintenance coordinator of equipment problems.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work area.
- Adhere to posted production floor policies.
- Demonstrate a continuous effort to increase product quality and overall company productivity.
- May perform other related duties as requested by the Operations Manager or Production Supervisor.
- At least 6 months of industrial sewing experience preferred
- Must be able to read English, interpret and follow detailed work instructions
- Knowledge of measuring and general use of measurement tools; rulers, tape measures
- Work independently majority of time, be a team player
- Self-motivation required