Fort Madison, IA 52627
Laser Manager and Operator
Local company is looking for motivated, self-driven person who want to be part of a growing company and be a strong member of that team.
Very Competitive salary based upon experience.
Great benefit package offered including: healthcare, 401 K retirement (3% Company Match, 4% if 5% or more is contributed by employee) and vacation.
- Minimum of past experience or formal training on programming and operating laser, plasma or similar machines
Job Requirements Include:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA safety requirements
- Create AutoCAD sketches and use SIGMANEST to create drawings and programs needed for laser
o Develop estimates for cut times, etc.
- Operate Bistronic BySpeed 3015 6000 Watt Laser
o Note: you will be trained on our specific machine but past experience with lasers, drafting, nesting is needed
o Oversee laser operation. To start with we will have you operating the laser primarily but in the future you will operate it part time and also oversee an operator who will be doing a lot of the cutting.
o Preventive Maintenance machine and area cleanup per direction of laser manager
o Must have the experience and ability to learn expectations and then ensure quality over the jobs you cut with the laser
o Past experience or ability to quickly learn how to use calipers and other measuring tools for checking tolerances and part conformity
o Ability to read and understand basic engineering prints so you can check part tolerances
o Work with various team members to complete projects per quality standards and specifications
o Coordinate schedule with laser manager to ensure proper cut schedule and sequence of jobs
- Future responsibilities that will be learned will include project management and estimating
- Help with other activities as required --- oversee various projects and inventory of parts, etc.
- Drive a fork truck to move material into place for cutting operations / finished pallets / etc.
- Use overhead crane and air suction lifter to load and unload plates
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. / maneuver 100lbs (to load and unload parts / palletize cut parts)
- Must be able to work on feet during entire shift outside of breaks and stretching (if overseeing assembly and projects)
- Must be able to be seated during entire shift outside of breaks and stretching (if drafting large projects and doing desk work, etc.)
- This is a 40 hour per week job with occasional mandatory overtime
- Exposure to heat and cold depending on weather conditions
Other Desirable (Not necessary) Skills include:
- Knowledge in other areas of shop machining, fabrication, sheet metal
- Valid Driver s license to make deliveries if needed