Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Des Moines, IA 50317
Company is an industrial manufacturer in the construction sector. We' re looking for someone well versed in vehicle and machine PM, troubleshooting and repair. Essentially, someone able to keep everything running smoothly and safely. Must have Diesel and Hydraulics experience
Responsibilities and Duties for Maintenance Mechanic:
- Via routine PM and effective repair, make sure all equipment is fully operational, and safe
- Equipment includes tractors/trailers, uni-loaders end loaders, mi-jacks, gantry' s, bobcat, passenger vehicles, small equipment, small engines, and machines
- Ensure all truck/trailer inspections and repairs are DOT compliant
- Ample boiler water to make sure it is running in the recommended range
Qualifications For Maintenance Mechanic:
- Decent criminal history – NO lifetime sex offense or crimes against women or children
- Valid DL
- HS Grad or GED equivalent
- Previous Experience: 3+ years’ experience in mechanical/maintenance
- Must be physically capable walking, standing, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 75 lbs., crawling, climbing, and working long hours.
- Diesel and hydraulics experience
This position works indoors and outdoors year-round, and therefore workers are subject to all weather conditions, sometimes to include extreme cold and heat.