Des Moines, IA 50316 US
The primary responsibility for this position is plans and lays out complex machining operations; fabricates and assembles various types and sizes of product parts, tooling, and assemblies; performs jig, fixture, tool, and die work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes various types of manual, numerically controlled, and computerized machine shop equipment to perform machining operations on all types of materials including but not limited to ferrous and nonferrous metals, nonmetallic materials, their alloys, and synthetic materials.
- Works from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, drawings, and blueprints; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining.
- Responsible for Machine maintenance and annual check-ups.
- Uses a wide variety of precision measuring instruments; maintains accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
- Selects the appropriate cutting tools to maximize efficiency and ensure quality of product.
- Improvises production aides as necessary to facilitate operations.
- Reworks and calibrates production parts or assemblies and machine tooling as required; checks each component for accuracy.
- Suggests changes in design involving productivity.
- Lays out, forms, and fabricates all gauges of sheet metal, extruded, and tubing materials using check templates, hand tools, and hand-operated and power-driven machines.
- Provides all required reports and/or correspondence.
- Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools.
- Understanding of blueprints and routers.
- Excellent communication and basic math skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow