Des Moines, IA 50317 US
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ignites torches or starts power supplies and strikes arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Detects faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notifies supervisors.
- Clamps, holds, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolts component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Operates manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, and flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
- Monitors the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials.
- Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Able to analyze and work thru situations
- Ability to run heavy machinery and lifts
- Maintain quality standards
- Knows basic mathematics to solve problems pertaining to welding functions.