Keokuk, IA 52632
Location: Keokuk, IA
This position will report directly to the Supply Chain manager, and functionally to the Global Head of Purchasing. It will work in close association with U.S. Operations, Engineering, Finance departments, the Category Management organization and is responsible for assuring the best value for money in all aspects of buying and procurement including pricing, terms and conditions for companywide purchases, applying the group and category management guidelines and policies on its scope.
This position will manage a multi-million dollar purchasing budget for Industrial purchases (Chemicals, Packaging, Logistics, MRO Stores, maintenance and capital projects, IT and SG&A) supervising the negotiation of pricing, terms and conditions of this equipment and external contracted labor; develop and manage programs for the purchase of equipment and labor for Capital projects and MRO Stores in conjunction with domestic and global objectives; participate on and/or lead cross-functional teams involving representatives from Operations, Engineering and Finance; work closely with external constituencies including vendors and outside contractors, consultants, and act as the Purchasing expert in procurement of Capital Projects, MRO supplies and all related activities; ensure purchasing functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures; oversee related budgeting and control financial expenditures; and train, direct and appraise department personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the Purchasing expert in procurement of Industrial purchases ((Chemicals, Packaging, Logistics, MRO Stores, maintenance and capital projects, IT and SG&A)
- Development and implementation of effective Purchasing Department policies, procedures and planning in respect of the group category management policies and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with company personnel and with management, being proactive and participating to the category management new organization.
- Effectively supervise department personnel, ensuring appropriate training and development and performance management programs are in place
- Ensuring the efficient and cost effective administration of Purchasing functions
- Establish and maintain national and local contracts, and international frame agreements
- Make applied the group frame agreements within the scope and set up the related KPIs
- Elaborate the purchasing action plans and objectives, and ensure the reporting according to the group requirements and procedures
- Set up and manage a dedicated procurement organization for goods and services, apart of the sourcing and purchasing organization
- Effectively manage a multi-million dollar purchasing budget for the Industrial goods and services
- Establishing and maintaining effective business relations with vendors, suppliers, contractors, consultants and trade professionals
- Assure risk control is taking place through the creation, internal and external approval and archiving of required agreements
- Develop and manage programs for the purchase of equipment and labor for capital projects and MRO Stores in conjunction with domestic and global objectives
- Participate on and/or lead cross-functional teams involving representatives from Operations, Engineering and Finance, and with the group category management organization and network
- Manage approval of purchase orders
- Supervising the negotiation of pricing, terms and conditions of goods and service agreements and external contracted labor
BS in Supply Chain or Business Management
- 5 years preferably in chemical/wet milling industry
- 5 years multi-million dollar purchasing management in capital projects
- 5 years prior supervisory
- 10 years preferably in chemical/wet milling industry
- 10 years multi-million dollar purchasing management in capital projects
- Purchasing processes and best practices
- Basic Finance and Accounting Principles
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- SAP (ERP system)
- IT sourcing and contracting
- Measurable learnings (e.G. Can perform at an Intermediate level of Excel and Word, Typing at 50 wpm, Advanced knowledge of research protocols, etc.)
- Effective and demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong research/ and analytical skills
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Verbal/Written Communication
- High level of ethics
- Strong persuasive and influential skills
- Ability to mitigate risks
- Effective project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership with direct reports and cross functional teams
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other responsibilities may be required as assigned/directed.
This is a direct-hire opportunity. Excellent benefits package and competitive salary offered by Client Company. Please submit formal resume to www.Worksourcestaff.Com.