Service Department Manager
Des Moines, IA 50313
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Maintain a professional environment for both our employees and our customers. This includes but not limited to making sure the shop is clean and in order, employees look and act in a professional manner, and
- Recruit and interview potential new employees, as well as document performance issues and ensure that employees are adhering to company policy.
- Manage staffing levels and assigned work hours of shop personnel to meet our customers’ needs and maximize profitability.
- Manage the process of work orders from start to finish. This includes obtaining customer information, customer repair authorization, technician paperwork, and ensuring we have all supporting documentation at the time of closing the work order.
- Communication with the customer, including; providing estimates, getting repair authorization and method of payment, giving repair updates, and informing them of completion and total invoice amount.
- Assure that technician training is kept current as well as identify areas that we need additional training and work with the Department Manger to complete the training.
- Ensure that the parts are accurately recorded on work orders as well as the parts received in a timely manner. This may require collaboration with parts department staff.
- All end of month checklists and reports are to be completed by the first full week of the following month.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 75 pounds.
- Monitor the quality of the work performed to ensure high customer satisfaction and to limit the need for warranty repairs.
- Maintain a safe work environment both by enforcing company policy and advising the safety director of potential safety concerns.
- Assess daily work operations to enhance the Service Department’ s efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure that shop equipment is maintained and tools are properly controlled and secured.
- Ensure that your productivity and warranty numbers are meeting the General Manager and the Department Managers expectations.
- Foster and maintain a team work environment.
- 10 years heavy duty truck maintenance / repair experience
- Proven leadership capabilities