Shipping / Receiving
Ft. Madison, IA 52627
Ft Madison Deicing Manufacturer has openings for Shipper Receivers and General Production for their busy season starting in September. Shift is Sat Wed, 7: 30am-4pm with opportunity for OT. Great Opportunity to get your foot in the door with a premier company!
Rate of pay is $15-$20/hour depending on experience
Must have Valid Driver's License,
Lift up to 50lb
Have Forklift experience or ability to learn the Forklift.
High School Diploma or GED,
Criminal Background check required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have or be able to qualify for a valid Iowa driver s license with a driving record showing no violations.
- Must be experienced operating a forklift, and be physically capable of lifting at least 50 pounds.
- May need to qualify for a U. S. Government Security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Requires a moderate understanding of shipping and postal regulations, ability to operate postal metering machines, and ability to work independently.
- Must have exposure to office computers and software, and able to work extended hours as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks goods against shipping documents for accuracy and authorizations.
Packs goods for shipment in accordance with applicable specifications, equipment characteristics, transportation methods and routes.
- Verifies identification and quantity of products to be shipped.
- Prepares waybills, posting weight and shipping details.
- Stamps, stencils or attaches information and shipping instruction onto containers.
- Prepares and maintains records of goods shipped.
Receives and unpacks goods. Checks receipts against waybills, packing slips, etc.
- Verifies nomenclature, identification and quantity.
- Prepares discrepancy reports when needed.
- Maintains records of goods received.
- Processes damaged, excess or misdirected goods while routing material to inspection, stores or other destinations. Performs receipt data entry.
May prepare required forms and records associated with the processing of international mail and special mailings.
- Processes incoming and outgoing express, registered, certified and insured mail in accordance with procedures.
Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
Other duties as assigned.