Tire Builder Technician
Des Moines, IA 50316 US
The primary responsibility for this position is operating machines to build tires from rubber components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Tire Builder: depresses pedals to rotate drums, and winds specified numbers of plies around drums to form tire bodies.
- Starts rollers that bond tread and piles as drums revolve
- Activates bead setters that press prefabricated beads onto plies.
- Inspects worn tires for faults, cracks, cuts and nail holes, and to determine if tires are suitable for retreading.
- Cuts plies at splice point and press ends together to form continuous bands.
- Aligns treads with guides, starts drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends.
- Builds semi-raw rubber treads onto buffed tire casings in order to prepare tires for vulcanization in recapping or retreading processes.
- Pick and transfer product for City Route. Helps with load and unload product.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment.
- Prior experience or training preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one year minimum related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing effective manufacturing and distribution of goods.
- Skill and knowledge to control operations of equipment and or systems.
- Experience with relevant equipment, policies and procedures.
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand and arm, as well as your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.