Carlisle, IA 50047
- Learn & understand company safety policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Focus on increasing productivity and lowering material cost while maintaining expected levels of quality & communication with superiors.
- Assist in the transformation of the shop floor culture to one of Continuous Improvement and Accountability.
- Demonstrate reliability through exceptional attendance.
- Embrace and enhance a positive culture.
- Review and establish daily plans.
- Monitor inventory and submit orders as needed.
- Inspect and maintain tools, equipment and machinery.
- Read specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of materials required.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed.
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Fasten structural steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
- Cut, bend, or weld steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, or welding equipment.
- Fabricate metal parts, such as steel frames, columns, beams, or girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Measure, cut and bend rebar.
- Examine work pieces and defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.