Clive, IA 50325
Machine OperatorReports toProduction Manager
2nd shift 12 Noon - 11pm Monday through Thursday
Pay: BOE Major Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans daily workload by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machine parameters.
- Edits CNC programs by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool dies, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry and proving part programs.
- Optimize as the machine in the best possible way to improve throughput and overall efficiency. Recommend and implement process changes to better product quality and turn times.
- Set up staging areas for specific machine areas. Consistently think of better layout options to improve product flow through the area.
- Sets-up CNC bender by installing and adjusting tooling dies and any needed attachments.
- Loads bender die and any fixtures by lifting into position.
- Able to communicate specific directions to a personnel to assist with loading / unloading bender dies.
- Able to work as a team player with other employees to ensure business objectives are met.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to specification standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing machine operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer' s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Adheres and drives plant 5S objectives.
- Additional duties as required.