Fort Madison, IA 52627
Special Education Associate
Qualifications: The qualified applicant must have a minimum of a high school diploma or grade level equivalent diploma (GED) and meet a rigorous standard of quality and be able to demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing and mathematics (or, as appropriate, reading readiness, writing readiness and mathematics readiness).
Must have a clean criminal background. Post offer background check required.
The qualified applicant must also have or be able to obtain one of the following after a probationary period following hire:
• Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education; or
• Obtained an associate’ s (or higher) degree; or
• Obtain voluntary certification through the Board of Educational Examiners; or
• Have or be willing to obtain an NCRC (National Career Readiness Certificate, Bronze Level)
Roles and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
• Maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
• Attend work regularly and promptly.